Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tape drive performance on image copies

2002-08-28 11:39:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tape drive performance on image copies
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:39:25 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C24EA9.16BC8B90

Check your buffer settings - this made a difference for me.  See this tech
note:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/183702.htm.

Having my NET_BUFFER_SZ set the same as my SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS made a
measurable difference in my duplication speed.

Also, consider the source images.  If they're muliplexed then the desired
image must be sorted from the undesired blocks resulting in slower copies.

HTH - Mark