Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What types of backup schedule does everyone use?

2002-08-27 15:52:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What types of backup schedule does everyone use?
From: nszcyrek AT iocenter DOT net (Norm Szcyrek)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:52:44 -0400
I'm considering a change to our current backup schedule, and I'm curious to
hear from everyone on this list what type of schedule do they use and why?
For example, we perform full backups weekly, with differential incremental
backups the other 6 days of the week. We employ a 5 week rotation of tapes for
the weekly & daily backups.  Also, at the start of the month, a full backup is
performed on each server on a different set of backup tapes, to be stored
offsite.  Of course, the full backups are performed on weekends when the server
loads are relatively light.

I've employed this type of schedule for the last two companies I've worked for,
and it has worked pretty well. I'd really like to hear from others to help me
get a better understanding of what may be improved upon our own scheduling. TIA.