Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Network Appliance and Veritas

2002-08-23 16:32:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Network Appliance and Veritas
From: David.Macauley AT dlis.dla DOT mil (Macauley, David)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:32:32 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C24AE4.3548AF30

Is anyone out there using a Network Appliance filer as part of a backup
solution?  If so, how is it working for you?  Is anyone backing up data off
filers, and if so, how do you do it and how does it work out?  The proposal
floating around here is we dump snapshots from our "big/fast" Netapps to the
R100, then run our backups from there across the tape san.  It looks really
good on paper, but I've never been one to believe salesmen...   Any related
comments/suggestions would be appreciated.
TIA,

David  Macauley
Systems Administrator
(269) 961-5197 (269) 209-6984
dmacauley AT dlis.dla DOT mil
Northrop Grumman Information Technologies

------_=_NextPart_001_01C24AE4.3548AF30

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2654.45">
<TITLE>Network Appliance and Veritas</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Is anyone out there using a Network Appliance filer =
as part of a backup solution?&nbsp; If so, how is it working for =
you?&nbsp; Is anyone backing up data off filers, and if so, how do you =
do it and how does it work out?&nbsp; The proposal floating around here =
is we dump snapshots from our &quot;big/fast&quot; Netapps to the R100, =
then run our backups from there across the tape san.&nbsp; It looks =
really good on paper, but I've never been one to believe =
salesmen...&nbsp;&nbsp; Any related comments/suggestions would be =
appreciated.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>TIA,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>David&nbsp; Macauley</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Systems Administrator</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>(269) 961-5197 (269) 209-6984</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>dmacauley AT dlis.dla DOT mil</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Northrop Grumman Information Technologies</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>