Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status Code 12 - FIle Open Failed

2002-08-23 14:02:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status Code 12 - FIle Open Failed
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:02:57 -0400
It looks as though this is the closest to the mark. The W2K server was trying
to tell me it was out of disk space (according to the guy who maintains that
server). I'm going to run a quick backup on it to verify but it does sound
plausible. Thanks for all the responses.

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> "Paul Hayes (phayes)" <phayes AT cisco DOT com> 08/23/2002 12:13:34 PM >>>
The error message returned is usually a Win32 Error message, however this isnt
a message being returned by Win32. At a guess the function HrBackupOpen is
native to Ntdsbsrv.dll, so when this fails it is returning an error number
specific to that library and not win32, hence unknown error occurs. This is a
guess mind you, and I could be wrong, it is friday afternoon after all.
Possibly reinstall the client on that box, or otherwise check that there have
no service pack updates or similar.

Rgrds...Paul