Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] initialize_element_status failed (202 error?)

2002-08-21 16:25:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] initialize_element_status failed (202 error?)
From: dp AT recycled DOT net (DP)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:25:54 -0500
Hello all:

I have NetBackup 3.4.1GA installed on a Sun Ultra 2 running Solaris 8. This
system has worked for some time with an ATL L200 DLT4000 library attached.

Running low on capacity, I recently connected an ADIC VLS DLT2000 library.
The library is properly connected and addressed by the system as far as I
can see (probe-scsi shows it where it's supposed to be, not conflicting,
etc). The library will set up in NetBackup just fine, but if I try to
inventory it we get the following:

robot inventory failed: Unable to sense robotic device (202)

Furthermore, on boot, when the Media Manager daemons start, I get:

TLD(1) key = 0x5, asc = 0x24, ascq = 0x0, INVALID FIELD IN CDB
TLD(1) transport read_element_status error, CHECK CONDITION
TLD(1) unavailable: initialization failed: Unable to sense robotic device

In an attempt to troubleshoot this I played around with robtest...
Everything in robtest works (rezero, move media around, etc), except "init"
-- if I use the "init" command, I get:

Initiating INITIALIZE_ELEMENT_STATUS
Initialize_element_status failed, CHECK CONDITION
Sense key = 0x5, asc = 0x24, ascq = 0x0, INVALID FIELD IN CDB

(noticing a pattern here are we? :-) )

I've looked at this to the extent of my ability, and wondering if anyone
else has a suggestion that might get this library up and going...

Thanks!

Dan