Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Aligning monthly schedules

2002-08-16 07:33:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Aligning monthly schedules
From: arden AT nortelnetworks DOT com (Bruce Arden)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:33:53 +0100
We do full backups over the weekend which are normally kept for 4
weeks.  Every 4th week the backup is kept "forever".

How do you align these 4-weekly backups so all streams for all machines
occur on the same weekend.  I could edit the frequency before the
backup, but I have to remember to put it back afterwards.

With streamed clients I find I can edit
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/host/STREAMS and change the date of the
last 4-weekly backup.  But I can't work out where this date is held for
non-streamed clients.

Is the a better way?

I'm current using netbackup 3.2.  I presume that this might be easier
with 4.5 and calendar based scheduling.

- Bruce

--
Bruce Arden     arden AT nortelnetworks DOT com        barden2 AT csc DOT com
CSC, Nortel, London Rd, Harlow, England         +44 1279 40 2877