Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Images Folder in the Veritas\Netbackup Directory

2002-08-15 05:02:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Images Folder in the Veritas\Netbackup Directory
From: bbriscoe AT visteon DOT com (Briscoe, Brian (B.))
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 05:02:07 -0400
Simon,

The Image directory holds (under Unix) the lists of files that were backed
up. Basically they are what Netbackup looks at when you browse to select
files for restore.

Under Unix you can get Netbackup to compress these files, presumably there
is a similar facility for Windows.

Netbackup will manage the contents of this directory according to the
retention policies, ie it will delete backup lists when that backup has
expired.

When we had space problems we linked some of the larger client directories
under Images to another server using NFS. It got us out of our immediate
problem, but made browsing for restores painfully slow.

HTH,
Regards,

Brian Briscoe
European OA Support