Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Satisfaction level with in an all MS environment

2002-08-14 14:58:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Satisfaction level with in an all MS environment
From: david.day AT sous DOT com (Day, David)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:58:58 -0500
There is a need to standardize on backup software at our remote sites.  Most
are smaller shops with W2K file/print, MS Exchange 5.5 and MS SQL Server
2000.  I've run a Legato on Solaris environment for years which has been
very good with UNIX, good with MS data files and poor with disaster recovery
on NT systems.

To date, I don't believe we have ever completely recovered an NT 4.0 or W2K
server that completely failed but have been able to recover all data once
the system was completely rebuilt manually.  This is even after working with
Legato tech support to verify our procedures.

I'm very interested in actual satisfaction with Veritas products in an all
MS shop.  There is a very strong interest in BMR on our critical Solaris and
W2K servers so I'd also appreciate some feedback if you are using this
product.

TIA
David