Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Strange 219 error

2002-08-14 13:44:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Strange 219 error
From: jg AT datasec DOT ch (DATASEC Javier González)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:44:53 +0200
David I think you have some communication problem between master/media

1) Try adding both name and aliasses to both host tables
2) Do you have the media servers attached to FC?

Sincerely Yours

DATASEC

Javier González
CEO / GM IT Services

Giessenweg  21
CH-6403  Küssnacht am Rigi
Switzerland
Tel:         +41 41 852 1066
Fax:         +41 41 852 1065
Mobile:      +41 76 384 2002

jg AT datasec DOT ch
www.datasec.ch

One of my media servers was moved to a new domain, and while I still have
connectivity (nslookup, ping, etc) between the media server and the master
server, any backups sent to that storage unit "219's" within 5-10 minutes.
The drives show up and ready in storage unit management, but regardless of
scheduled or manual backups, they are still failing.  I have rebooted both
servers and the robotic libraries, no luck.  Any suggestions?

David  Macauley
Systems Administrator
(269) 961-5197 (269) 209-6984
dmacauley AT dlis.dla DOT mil