Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] StorageTek L180

2002-08-13 15:10:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] StorageTek L180
From: kdeuja AT kdeuja DOT com (Kumar Deuja)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:10:36 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

        I was able to scan through every device file and found for files
that actually responded it has a tape drive, which are;

babu# mt -f /dev/rmt/15 status
/dev/rmt/15: no tape loaded or drive offline

babu# mt -f /dev/rmt/14 status
/dev/rmt/14: no tape loaded or drive offline

babu# mt -f /dev/rmt/13 status
/dev/rmt/13: no tape loaded or drive offline

babu# mt -f /dev/rmt/12 status
/dev/rmt/12: no tape loaded or drive offline

        Then I added four drives using these files for no rewind files:

        Drive0 -> /dev/rmt/15cbn
        Drive1 -> /dev/rmt/14cbn
        Drive2 -> /dev/rmt/13cbn
        Drive3 -> /dev/rmt/12cbn

        The drive now stays up but when I initiated a job then it goes
down as soon as the picker inserts the tape. It just can't seem to write
to it.

Also, I ran the robtest and this is what I get.

Configured robots with local control supporting test utilities:
  TLD(0)     robotic path = /dev/sg/c2t0l0

Robot Selection
---------------
  1)  TLD 0
  2)  none/quit
Enter choice: 1

Robot selected: TLD(0)   robotic path = /dev/sg/c2t0l0

Invoking robotic test utility:
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -r /dev/sg/c2t0l0 -d1 /dev/rmt/12cbn -d2
/dev/rmt/13cbn -d3 /dev/rmt/14cbn -d4 /dev/rmt/15cbn

Opening /dev/sg/c2t0l0
mode_sense failed, CHECK CONDITION
sense key = 0x2, asc = 0x4, ascq = 0x3, LU IS NOT READY, MANUAL
INTERVENTION REQ'D
Enter tld commands (? returns help information)

        Now, I have no clue why its failing, any suggestions or ideas
would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kumar Deuja
kdeuja AT kdeuja DOT com