Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] StorageTek L180

2002-08-13 14:41:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] StorageTek L180
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:41:45 -0700 (PDT)

> I think the L700 numbered drives drive with one on the bottom
> not on the top. The L180 may number the drives in reverse as well.
> Symptom is the wrong drive is loaded and ends up being downed.
> Then it tries again with the next drive.
> You can check this with robtest and then use "mt" status(assuming Unix)
> to check if the drive is loaded at the correct address.

If you sign up for a "CRC" login, you can access all the documents on
the storagetek site.  They have a L180/L700e Reference Manual there.

The L180 drive numbers start at the top of the column.
The L700 drive starts at the top of column "B" (optional), goes down, then
goes over to column "A".

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company