Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] lots of status 84 for catalog backups

2002-08-13 12:09:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] lots of status 84 for catalog backups
From: robert_johannes AT udlp DOT com (Robert Johannes)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:09:02 -0500
I've been running into alot of status code 84 errors when performing
catalog backups.  I'm using Solaris 8, with DLT 7k drives on NB 34_1.
The size of /usr/openv is at 35.7 gigs.  At times I run into this error
even if I use 3 or 4 brandnew tapes in a row.  What's the 'real' problem
causing this?  Can it be the fact that the catalog is slightly more than
the 35gig natively supported by dlt IV tape?  I usually put in two tapes
at a time to be used for catalog backups, and I assume it should be able
to use both if it runs out of space on the first one.

thanks
robert