Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BPVault questions

2002-08-09 18:54:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BPVault questions
From: Carlos.Perales AT kellogg DOT com (Carlos Perales)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 17:54:34 -0500

All,

I have NBU 3.4 installed on a Sun 8 server.
My storage unit is a L700.

I'm trying to configure BVault and I got two problems.
1.  the bpvault.all script does not insert the tapes in the export slots
automatically.  I have to run the bpinject command prior to the vault process.
Is this something correct ?  Is there any way to automatically make the vault
procedure to insert the tapes ?

2.  My vault process runs while there are backups running.  What I just found
out is that if a tape is being used by the time the vault process is running,
it's moved to the off-site volume group.  Is there any way to avoid it ?
I don't like this feature since I'll have to manually launch the tape removal.

By the way, I'm running the BPVault only for ejecting the original media.
I'm not doing anything regarding tape duplication.

Thanks !

Carlos