Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] from solstice to netbackup ?

2002-08-06 11:04:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] from solstice to netbackup ?
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 08:04:27 -0700 (PDT)
> hello,
>
> I have some DLT that was backuped via solstice backup,
> and I don't know if there is a way to restore them via
> netbackup ?

I doubt it.  The format is not simple like tar, even when the data is
not multiplexed.  Looking through the knowledgebase for Solstice Backup
and Legato Networker, I don't see anything that mentions support.

It would probably be easier to install Backup/Networker and do the
restore than other possibilities.

If you install Networker without a license, it can still do restores
(just not backups).

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company