Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] newbie questions - upgrade to 4.5

2002-08-02 14:40:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] newbie questions - upgrade to 4.5
From: ksavage AT mail.sdsu DOT edu (Ken Savage)
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 11:40:19 -0700
I've inherited a Netbackup enviroment and am in the process of upgrading
it.  The upgrade is from a old server/Solaris 6/NBU 3.2 to a new
box/Solaris 8/NBU 4.5.   I've successfully completed to the move to the new
server/Solaris 8 along with the lastest patches for NBU 3.2.  Now for the
NBU upgrade.  Must I first upgrade to 3.4 before 4.5 ?  4.5 requires a
license key, does 3.4 ?  I didn't need a license key for 3.2 and I don't
have one !  I am on maintenance and would have thought that a license key
would come with the new media ???  We get NBU from SUN and not directly
from Veritas, SUN has been useless so far.  And yes, I have not yet read
the NBU documentation.
Thanks, Ken