Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Too many Error 213's - Storage Unit not Available

2002-07-29 12:11:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Too many Error 213's - Storage Unit not Available
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:11:02 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2371A.88FA7D30

I get the Error 213 (Storate Unit Not Available) way too frequently.  It
often occurs on weekends, usually when my offsite duplication process is
occurring.

My best guess is that the duplication process ties up the drives in a way
different from the NB scheduler, so when the drives are busy with
duplication, the scheduled Full or Incremental is not queued, it errors out
with this error.  Can somebody comment on this?

I have two storage units built, one is an on-demand-only disk pool and the
other is my tape pool (4xDLT-7k).  This is NB 3.4.3 on Sol 2.6.  The
class/policy that has the most frequent errors is set to us "Any Available"
as a storage unit.

-Mark

   Mark Donaldson - Sr. Systems Engineer
   Experian - Denver Colorado
        There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those
          that understand binary and those that don't.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2371A.88FA7D30

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Too many Error 213's - Storage Unit not Available</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I get the Error 213 (Storate Unit Not Available) way =
too frequently.&nbsp; It often occurs on weekends, usually when my =
offsite duplication process is occurring.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>My best guess is that the duplication process ties up =
the drives in a way different from the NB scheduler, so when the drives =
are busy with duplication, the scheduled Full or Incremental is not =
queued, it errors out with this error.&nbsp; Can somebody comment on =
this?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have two storage units built, one is an =
on-demand-only disk pool and the other is my tape pool =
(4xDLT-7k).&nbsp; This is NB 3.4.3 on Sol 2.6.&nbsp; The class/policy =
that has the most frequent errors is set to us &quot;Any =
Available&quot; as a storage unit.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-Mark</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>---------------------------------------------------------------=
--------</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Mark Donaldson - Sr. Systems =
Engineer</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Experian - Denver Colorado</FONT>
<BR><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>---------------------------------------------------------------=
-------- </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; There are =
10 kinds of people in this world, those</FONT>
<BR><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; that =
understand binary and those that don't. </FONT>
<BR><FONT =
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>