Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Summary:Locating oracle scripts and some more issues.

2002-07-29 02:01:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Summary:Locating oracle scripts and some more issues.
From: ddeepak_abc AT yahoo DOT com (deepak deshpande)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 23:01:22 -0700 (PDT)
I was able to find the scripts, thanks to Larry.

Larry Kingery says:-

They're listed in the files (or includes) section of
the classes.
Oswald Michael says:-

Deshpande .. if you are maintaining the NetBackup
environment, you
should be familiar with the scheduler.  Open up the
Oracle backup classes
and click on files.  That will give you the path for
the EBU scripts.
As for NetBackup on Unix for Oracle/SAP/Informix/etc,
/usr/openv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/oracle/samples/rman
for Oracle8, 8i, 9i.
You will not find an 'ebu' subdirectory as I Veritas
did not add EBU
scripts to their Database Extensions CD, but did
provide examples of EBU
scripts in their earlier courses/classes.

Penelope Carr Says:-

If you did not change where we have them they will be
in
/usr/openv/netbackup/dbext/oracle/rman/samples (I
think)
If the dba changed where they were put try looking
under $ORACLE_HOME.

Some more things :-
Present setup:- Netbackup 3.1,oracle 7.3.4. solaris
2.6
Proposed Netbackup 3.4 oracle 8.1 solaris 8
My netbackup server which has a tape libraray
attatched is running oracle 7.3.4. All the clients
have oracle 7.3.4 as well.

First when the clients are upgraded to oracle 8.0 :-

1.  I have to change the includes file.
2 . Can the clinets run solaris 8.0, while the server
runs oracle 7? It should  now contain rman script in
place of the earlier ebu script.
3 . And actually the netbackup clients and server is
installed on all our servers by installing packages
and running scripts.
So my plan is to install the packages , run the
scripts and just change the includes scripts for all
the classes.Do I have to do something else?

Then again when I upgrade netbackup too.

4.I wont be able to use the older pkgadd commands and
configure netbackup.So how can I plan the netbackup
upgrade?The issue is I have to build the package
/script after configuring the client.So after
configuring the client server,  I have to build the
package. Any idea how do I do it?

Thanks in advance,

Deshpande

My first query was:-

Hi Gurus,
I am maintaing veritas netbackup version nb 3.1,oracle
7.3.4 and Solaris 2.6. We want to upgrade to nb data
centre 3.4,oracle 8 and solaris 8.
 Now the older nb uses ebu scripts.And when I upgrade
to oracle 8 , I have to replace the ebu scripts with
rman.
  The question is how do I find out where the ebu
scripts are located which are being used currently for
the nb backup scheduler?
All the help will be greatly appreciated.
I will summarize.
Thanks in advance,

Deshpande