Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Summary: Install of 3.4 on hp-ux devices configuration error

2002-07-25 11:07:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Summary: Install of 3.4 on hp-ux devices configuration error
From: stephen.j.darragh AT baesystems DOT com (Darragh, Stephen J)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:07:01 -0400
When I went to add a robot using Mr. Wizard, I would get an error indicating
that the global device DB hostname is invalid.

vmglob -get_gdbhost said globalDB hostname has not been set

So, I did vmglob -set_gdbhost newserver -h newserver

Then I had to do a tpautoconf -upgrade ( I had tried to just rm /usr/openv
and then install over again)

Then I got a network protocol error (39) (MM status 39)

I finally realized a mistake (I did not go through the media manager device
configuration guide).

Now that I actually read the device configuration manual and created the
/dev/sctl devices, all is well.

Thanks to all who responded.

Stephen Darragh