Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Deleting or overwriting file on tape?

2002-07-16 18:23:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Deleting or overwriting file on tape?
From: darrell AT cxri DOT net (Darrell Golliher)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:23:26 -0400
On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 03:46:34PM -0700, Conner, Neil wrote:
> Nope, that's a stumper. I'm wondering if you altered the expiration
> date for the image on file 1 before attempting to delete the image for
> file 2? Or maybe you're experimenting with changing the expiration
> date of the image for file 2 (rather than expiring it)?

  The very first thing I did was the command you suggested:

  bpexpdate -d 0 -backupid cxri_1026845835

  Only after that failed did I go experimenting with changing the
  expiration date of file 2 or expiring or changing the date of file
  1.

  So far I haven't been able to find anything about the error "events
  out of sequence - image inconsistency". I need a decoder ring. :) I
  don't know what events or image it's referring to. Those terms don't
  mean anything to me in this context.

thanks,

-Darrell