Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Wanted: NBU 4.5 Upgrade Experiences/Comments

2002-07-15 15:00:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Wanted: NBU 4.5 Upgrade Experiences/Comments
From: steven.green AT teldta DOT com (Green, Steven)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:00:44 -0500
I am interested in any/all experiences anyone has with upgrading to and
running under the new NBU 4.5 release. We are currently running NBU 3.2 (1
Solaris master, 1 Solaris & 3 NT mediamgrs) and are about to start an
upgrade project. I've searched the archives posts in issues under the
current release (found a few) but nothing that addresses the upgrade process
itself. For those of you running 4.5, what version did you come from (3.4,
3.2)? I've read in the Release Notes that you must upgrade to 3.4 before
proceeding to 4.5. Has anyone found a way around this requirement? What
problems or issues did you encounter? Did all configuration (including NBU
Vaulting) migrate successfully to the new release? How long did your
upgrades take? Did you handle the upgrade yourself or have Veritas
Professional Services involved?

Many thanks in advance...

Steve Green
Telephone & Data Systems, Unix Support
Phone: 608.664.8210; Cell: 608.219.2106
Page: 608.657.1154; Email: steven.green AT teldta DOT com
(I never vote for anyone; I always vote against. WC Fields)