Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is duplicating data really helpful !

2002-07-15 02:10:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is duplicating data really helpful !
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 00:10:15 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C22BC6.49A38F50

I do my duplications for disaster recovery purposes.  If the local site is
destroyed somehow, the hope is the offsite tapes are enough to recover the
business.

I don't send the entire set of backups offsite - just selected systems. Our
database, our development servers, & our source control server (PVCS) all go
offsite.  Theoretically, since all our released code is in PVCS and our
in-progress development is in the devel images, then we could recreate -
with difficulty - our entire setup.

-M