Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is duplicating data really helpful !

2002-07-13 04:31:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is duplicating data really helpful !
From: karunanidhis AT hotmail DOT com (Karunanidhi Subramanian)
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 01:31:47 -0700
Hi Folks !
I would like to hear about the duplication policies you have configured. I
am setting up a Netbackup system in a mid-range environment(3.5TB full
backup). What I have found is that the duplication process is really a
overhead. I would rather eject my original tapes and send em offsite. I
really need to know whether it is feasible to duplicate. I am not sure how
huge enterprise does the duplication(where in they often run out of resource
for backup at first place).

Thanks for you input,
- Karun