Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Switching from NBU on Solaris to Linux

2002-07-12 19:33:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Switching from NBU on Solaris to Linux
From: kmadrick AT bbn DOT com (Kevin Madrick)
Date: 12 Jul 2002 19:33:44 -0400
I'm using Disksuite now to mirror the root drives and I have /opt on a
RAID 5 volume with it.

We do around 2 TB/week, and we want to have 1 weeks worth of backups on
disk. UFS has a 1 TB limit, but VxFS is supposed to get an upgrade to 32
TB later this year. So, in order to use get a storage unit of 2 TB, I'm
going to need VxFS. I could probably use ODS wih VxFS, but I've never
heard of anyone doing it. Usually, people just use Foundation Suite.

The other way I could do it is to make 1 TB filesystems and manage them
with ODS. This would mean that I'd have to start shifting systems
between the storage units, and that would be really annoying.

Kevin