Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Advanced Reporter exports

2002-07-09 13:59:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Advanced Reporter exports
From: Harry.Schaefer AT turner DOT com (Schaefer, Harry)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 13:59:10 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C22772.53C04FE4

We have Advanced Reporter installed, but we don't really want users hitting
http on our master server. What we are doing is running an Adv. Reporter export
script with the following syntax that dumps to a file:

/opt/SUNWnbaro/bin/nbardbex -S {master server} -hoursago {hrs. back to go}

We then have another script that makes a list of clients, then we grep out the
specific client info out of the export file. What it is not doing is reporting
any status other than 0 or 1. Does anyone have any ideas of a better way to do
this or a better way to get more verbose client info out of Adv. Reporter
without having to let users hit the built in web page?

Thanks,

Harry S.
Atlanta

------_=_NextPart_001_01C22772.53C04FE4

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>Advanced Reporter exports</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>We have Advanced Reporter installed, but we don't =
really want users hitting http on our master server. What we are doing =
is running an Adv. Reporter export script with the following syntax =
that dumps to a file:</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>/opt/SUNWnbaro/bin/nbardbex -S {master server} =
-hoursago {hrs. back to go}</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>We then have another script that makes a list of =
clients, then we grep out the specific client info out of the export =
file. What it is not doing is reporting any status other than 0 or 1. =
Does anyone have any ideas of a better way to do this or a better way =
to get more verbose client info out of Adv. Reporter without having to =
let users hit the built in web page?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Harry S.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Atlanta</FONT>