Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] IDR Solution

2002-07-04 04:29:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] IDR Solution
From: Simon.WEAVER AT astrium-space DOT com (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 09:29:41 +0100
Hi
I am looking at using IDR - been reading the notes on the matter, and got a
few questions for people that use this product in an "NT Environment".

First, the book states it can restore NT Enterprise, 2000 Enterprise as well
as 2000 Server. IT makes no mention of Windows NT Server. Does anyone know
if IDR works with the standard NT Server software?

Second, I done a full backup of my Servers C: Drive, which contains an E:
Drive partition. The backup policy I used only backed up the C Drive. I ran
through the IDR Wizard and it kept telling me a full backup had not been
carried out. Reading the PDF's it does say I can run a file called
"DRFILE.EXE", which I did, and it appears to have created a .dr file.

Is there any problems if I try to use IDR even if the E: Drive partition has
NOT been backed up? My reasons for this is that we have Backup Policies for
our Data Partitions and Backup Policies for our C: Drives.

Thanks

Simon Weaver
NT Domain Administrator
Ext. 5544
Tel: 02392-705544 (Direct Dial)
Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-Space DOT com

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.  Please notify the sender by return email.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium
Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.
Astrium Limited
Gunnels Wood Road
Stevenage
Hertfordshire