Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] question regarding netbackup catalogue sizes and offsite backups

2002-07-01 15:59:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] question regarding netbackup catalogue sizes and offsite backups
From: mpreston AT soe.sony DOT com (Preston, Mark)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:59:34 -0700
Hey,

we have a couple of filers with literally thousands of files on them, so
doing a weekly full creates a very large db catalogue image on the netbackup
server. If we retain this catalogue information on the netbackup master
server for the duration of the life of the tape while it's in offsite
storage we would need huge amounts of disk space on the master server just
to hold the catalogue data. How do other people manage this issue?

thanks in advance

mark