Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] set_ndmp_attr and storage unit for NDMP.

2002-07-02 10:14:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] set_ndmp_attr and storage unit for NDMP.
From: Steve Kappel <steve.kappel AT veritas DOT com> (Steve Kappel)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 09:14:32 -0500 (CDT)
set_ndmp_attr already saves a backup copy of the file
.namespace.chksum as .namespace.chksum.bak

This command does not delete storage units.  Do you mean robots?
If you delete a NDMP server host any related robots will also
be deleted.

There are only two kinds of info managed by this command:

Authentication - NDMP server hostname, user name, and password
Robot location - NDMP server hostname, robot devicename, controller, ID, LUN

The robot location is optional with NetApp as they don't use
the controller/ID/LUN info to find the robot device.

Suggest you open a support call.