Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup on Solaris 9?

2002-06-27 12:53:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup on Solaris 9?
From: cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu (Casey Feskens)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:53:41 -0700 (PDT)
NetBackup-ers...

I've got a NetBackup 3.4 master server instance running for a small
environment and we've got new hardware to move the server onto, so I was
debating upgrading the OS to Solaris 9 at the same time.  Now I would
assume that it would work under binary compatibility.  But I thought
I would check with you folks.  Has anyone had experience yet running
NetBackup on Solaris 9?  Would upgrading to 4.5 first help?  Do I need a
special release for Sol9?

Thanks for your help!

Casey Feskens <cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu>
System Administrator/Network Svcs. Consultant
Willamette University, Salem, OR