Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: tapes expiring (Donaldson, Mark)

2002-06-26 05:34:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: tapes expiring (Donaldson, Mark)
From: rbannister AT vartec DOT net (Richard Bannister @ Northampton)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 04:34:56 -0500
re - replenishing the Scratch Pool automatically.....

I wrote a very simple (unelegant) script that basically pulls in the output
from the available_media script. My script then basically disects this
output and puts the results in a file. All that is really needed is a search
thru available_media for  "TLD" tapes that are also "AVAILABLE" - ie -->

Scratch pool

AQP769  DLT      TLD      0       1      -       -     -        AVAILABLE
AQP807  DLT      TLD      0       36     -       -     -        AVAILABLE
AQP808  DLT      TLD      0       17     -       -     -        AVAILABLE

part of my script --->

cat /home/richardb/script-output/fgh.fgh | grep "TLD" >
/home/richardb/script-output/dgx.dgx

cat /home/richardb/script-output/dgx.dgx | grep "AVAILABLE" >
/home/richardb/script-output/dgy.dgy

etc etc blah blah blah

one of the main input files --->

# cat sedd4
s"AQP"/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -p 4 -m AQP"g
s"CBE"/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -p 4 -m CBE"g

---> this basically moves any tapes i have, prefixes AQP or CBE, into
scratch pool (pool 4)
- i run this via cron at various times - so no more hassle with scratch
pool...

p.s. i run a very similar script that moves all "NONE", "AVAILABLE" tapes
into a separate pool, which means you only ever have ACTIVE or FULL tapes in
any pool, at the very least it makes looking at available_media easy on the
eye..