Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Recommended practice for LTO drive cleaning?

2002-06-25 21:05:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Recommended practice for LTO drive cleaning?
From: vaxzilla AT jarai DOT org (Brian Chase)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 18:05:33 -0700 (PST)
I've two, hopefully simple, questions.  First, how often is it
recommended that one cleans their LTO drives?  NetBackup has provisions
for setting up the frequency of cleaning in terms of hours of `tape
mount time' for each drive.  I'm looking for a reasonable number to
start with.  Secondly, for how many cleanings can I use an LTO cleaning
cartridge?

-brian.