Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 Upgrade Experiences

2002-06-25 03:10:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 Upgrade Experiences
From: Klaus.Micheler AT infineon DOT com (Klaus.Micheler AT infineon DOT com)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:10:26 +0200
Hi!

Its not really a problem to upgrade to 4.5.
The only thing to mention is the new binary format of the database.

We executed "cat_convert" to convert the ascci-DB to binary format and it
run for 72hours.
Also the size of our DB was blown up from 30 to 50GB.

Thats because the binary format cannot use compression.
(binary is smaller than uncompressed ascii, but if the compressed ascii is
much smaller!)

regards,
Klaus Micheler
Infineon MDCA