Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] allocate auxiliary channel fails with RMAN Duplicate

2002-06-20 18:45:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] allocate auxiliary channel fails with RMAN Duplicate
From: dlorraine AT ucdavis DOT edu (Debi)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:45:41 -0700
An RMAN duplicate database script fails after restoring the control files
when I use a normal "allocate channel" command, indicating that I must
allocate an auxiliary channel (which matches the Oracle
instructions).  Allocating an auxiliary channel fails immediately, as does
allocating one of each.  Oracle's MetaLink indicates this is an MML
issue.  Anyone encounter this?

Thanks,
Debi

Deborah Lorraine, Oracle Database Administrator
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Campus Data Center
Davis, CA 95616
530-754-6206
"If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should
find in each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm any
hostility." - Henry Wadsworth