Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Single Tape Restore

2002-06-17 07:48:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Single Tape Restore
From: Paul.Rochford AT psir DOT ie (Rochford, Paul)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:48:06 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C215F4.D80699F0

Hi,

Is there anyway to force a restore from a standalone tape using Netbackup?

I've interrupted my backup schedule and now need to restore some files off a
tape I backed up to a while ago using Netbackup. It keeps showing my
existing backup images though not the tape I've loaded when I try to select
files to restore?? I've updated the robots inventory with the tape. It is
not bar-coded either. I just need to restore from it one time. Is this
possible?

Running Netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 7 and restoring to Solaris 7.

Rgds,

Paul

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify us immediately at MailManager AT psir DOT ie and delete this E-mail
from your system. Thank you.
It is possible for data transmitted by email to be deliberately or
accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason, where the
communication is by email, the Bank of Ireland Group does not accept
any responsibility for any breach of confidence which may arise
through the use of this medium.
 for the presence of known computer viruses.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C215F4.D80699F0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-1=
252">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Single Tape Restore</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Is there anyway to force a restore from a standalone tape=
 using Netbackup? </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've interrupted my backup schedule and now need to resto=
re some files off a tape I backed up to a while ago using Netbackup. It kee=
ps showing my existing backup images though not the tape I've loaded when I=
 try to select files to restore?? I've updated the robots inventory with th=
e tape. It is not bar-coded either. I just need to restore from it one time=
. Is this possible? </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Running Netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 7 and restoring to Solar=
is 7.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Rgds,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Paul</FONT>
</P>

<CODE><FONT SIZE=3D3><BR>
<BR>
********************************************************************<BR>
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and <BR>
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they   <BR>
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please <BR>
notify us immediately at MailManager AT psir DOT ie and delete this E-mail <BR>
from your system. Thank you.<BR>
It is possible for data transmitted by email to be deliberately or<BR>
accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason, where the<BR>
communication is by email, the Bank of Ireland Group does not accept <BR>
any responsibility for any breach of confidence which may arise <BR>
through the use of this medium.<BR>
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept <BR>
 for the presence of known computer viruses.<BR>
  <BR>
</FONT></CODE></BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C215F4.D80699F0--