Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DLT8000 Density Override

2002-06-14 11:41:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DLT8000 Density Override
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:41:37 -0400 (EDT)
There is a NBU tape header at BOT which is not (normally) rewritten.

I would simplify Darren's method down to one step by using the bplabel
command (rewriting said header at BOT).  It will handle mounting,
writing, etc.  Just make sure to do this only on expired tapes of
course.

This assumes that the drive will automatically pick the highest
density when writing to BOT.  I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case
when going from 4000 to 7000, but I haven't looked at it in years.