Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Shares ARE recreated on NT

2002-06-13 08:48:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Shares ARE recreated on NT
From: Kris.Williams AT iams DOT com (Williams, Kris)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:48:01 -0400
I have seen this "problem" before in our environment. We actually refer to it as
a feature because when migrating data to a new box, all the shares remain. This
saves us from having to go in and reshare all the directories. The only problem
you run into is if you use local groups for permissions. You need to either
change the permissions on the  source box before the backup to use Domain groups
or use a tool that does a "SID Walk" through the new box and fixes the local
group permissions. NetIQ makes a rather good server consolidation tool.

Thanks,

Kris