Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] upgrade from 3.4 to 4.5

2002-06-12 11:41:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] upgrade from 3.4 to 4.5
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:41:43 -0400
I just did this yesterday.
Everything seems to have worked fine with two or three exceptions.

Configuring Vault has an incident open with Veritas. Every time I make
a change to the Vault configuration in the java gui, I get an error
saving a configuration file and have to manually move it to it's correct
location.

Granting non-root access took a while to figure out. In
/usr/openv/jave, the auth.conf file supposedly will let you set users
other than root to be able to run things. I had to add a line for each
user id that I wanted to be able to run the gui instead of setting a
group id. Still trying to figure out how to get the Remote Admin client
to work correctly, but I think it's in the manuals somewhere.

On the good side, all the schedules I had set up before ran ok last
night. The prior version of vaulting still works, and jobs run under it
still show in the activity monitor. Even the java  required gui seems to
work much faster than it used to.

Bob Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703
Fax 734-669-3703
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> "Prabhala, Rama" <RPrabhala AT forestpharm DOT com> 6/12/02 11:08:28 AM

Hi there gurus,

I am upgrading Netbackup Datacenter ( solaris ) 3.4 to 4.5 this
weekend. Are
the instrucitons in the Install guide enough or are there any other
problems
you guys have experienced.

Regards,

Rama