Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] replacing our Media Server

2002-06-12 10:10:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] replacing our Media Server
From: Simon.WEAVER AT astrium-space DOT com (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:10:02 +0100
Guys,
I wonder if you can help.
Due to the wrong planning on our Servers, it has been decided that our Media
Server (Windows NT) will be replaced by a machine 5 times powerful! (Dual
Processor with 2GB RAM).

I am intending to build this new Server with the same NT Name as our old
one. My question is this:

How easy is it to install a Media Server? I have never done this task, and
to be honest, am quite concerned at doing this? If there are any pointers,
or links or some assistance that could be offered I would be very very
grateful indeed.
I cannot restore from our backups due to the difference in Hardware that the
new box is based on, so this option is ruled out :(

Thank you

Simon Weaver
NT Domain Administrator
Ext. 5544
Tel: 02392-705544 (Direct Dial)
Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-Space DOT com

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.  Please notify the sender by return email.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium
Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.
Astrium Limited
Gunnels Wood Road
Stevenage
Hertfordshire