Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpvault help !

2002-06-10 13:56:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpvault help !
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (david AT datastaff DOT com)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:56:08 -0400
A1. If maximizing the tapes used is your priority over getting the data OFFSITE
as soon as possible, then you need to reduce the number of drive pairs that you
have configured.  Less drive pairs will mean fewer tapes being used and
subsequently more data on those tapes.  That's really a business decision more
than it is a function of vault.  bpVault's main purpose in life is to duplicate
your images as fast as it can in a manner as effecient as possible.  Quick and
dirty answer is NO vault does not attempt to minimize the tapes it uses for
offsite duplication.

A2.  You do have that option to run vault daily if you'd like, however if you
would rather it run at the end of the week, just make sure you have properly
configured the number of days to be great enough to preview all of those
incrementals.  You might want it to run twice a week.  You also have the
option, of vaulting, without duplicating, the originals.

David Chapa