Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape space

2002-06-05 13:15:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape space
From: PWinkeler AT officemax DOT com (Winkeler, Paul)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 13:15:07 -0400
To add to this, what I do is to compute an average compression ratio for my
volume pools based on how much data was written to a "full" tape and
dividing that by the stated tape capacity.  With that snippet you can do
some reasonable predicting on how much more data can still be written to the
tape.