Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Slow restore......

2002-06-04 22:09:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Slow restore......
From: jdespres AT nc.rr DOT com (Joe Despres)
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 22:09:15 -0400
Ooooopppssss  I posted this to the admin of this list!  What a way to
make friends!

I'm trying to restore from a HP-800 L-class to a PC running  Linux
RedHat...  It appears to be working but is extremely slow!  Probaly a
buffer issue.  If so Can I change the buffer's on both sides without
messing with the data on the tapes?   There is hardly any load on the
L-class... but the Linux box is at a load level of 1 with tar the main
culprit

Joe Despres
jdespres AT csc DOT com
jdespres AT nc.rr DOT com