Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4 setup

2002-06-03 16:05:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4 setup
From: TerryGSpicuzza AT Eaton DOT com (Spicuzza, Terry G)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 16:05:38 -0400
Does anyone have configuration similar to the following.

Sun V880R Solaris Master with 3.4.2
15 Media servers HP-UX 11.00 with Agilent HBA A5158A
Robot 9310 PowderHorn
Media Servers and tape drives are hooked up and zoned to an Inrange FC/9000
Director.
9840A FC drives
All Media servers are using SSO.

I'm asking this because we are receiving a "invalid FCP_XFER_RDY frame
error" coming off the FC tape drives.  The following is the exact error.
All tape drives are brand new so there shouldn't be any issues with the tape
drives.  Has anyone encountered this error before and if so, what actions
were taken?

        *       Cause:Received an FCP_XFER_RDY frame from target device with
unexpected values in frame payload. This might indicate a device failure.

Terry Spicuzza