Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Client management

2002-06-03 11:17:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Client management
From: sgiessle AT wvu DOT edu (Steve Giessler)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:17:47 -0400
Client management question. I just setup a Windows 2000 box setup as
the Master Server and have three Solaris 8 Sparc clients:

Under "Backup, Archive, and Restore" under the Actions menu there is
a "Specify Netbackup Machines" window. When it comes up, I can see my
Server listed, but when I click on the "Clients" tab, there is only
one client listed (my master server is listed as a client here) and
none of my other 3 unix clients are listed. Why not? And why can't I
add them? (Buttons are gray). All three unix clients are in the same
class - and the class is different from the master server's class.
The backups work fine.

What I'm really getting at is that I want to be able to initiate a
restore of any of the Unix clients from my Win 2000 Master Server. I
can't figure out how to do this.

If I go to any of my Solaris clients, I am able to restore files from
any client from them - including my Master server. How do I do this
from my Master server?

Also,

Under "Activity Monitor" the Jobs show up fine, but when I click on
the tabs labeled "Services" or "Processes" I always get the following
error (I sanitized my real server name with "my.master.server.name"
in the text below):

Cannot access services on "my.master.server.name"

Check the following

1. Is "my.master.server.name" a Windows NT machine?

        --- It is Win 2K Pro shouldn't that be OK?

2. Do you have access to view services on "my.master.server.name"
(such as a Domain Admin might)?

        --- I am logged into the machine as Administrator, what else
do I need to do?

Thanks in advance for any tips,
--

Steve Giessler, Unix System Administrator
West Virginia University