Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL Server files list

2002-05-31 14:57:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL Server files list
From: Rick.Morris AT IGT DOT com (Morris.Rick.C)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:57:32 -0700
Mike,

The sample scripts below are what I use to backup with the SQL Agent. They
are basically a .txt file but the extension has to be .bch.   We have a SAN
installation and the last time I checked, the Maxtransfersize and Blocksize
provided the best overall performance.  And you would normally run either
the DB backup or the TLog backup but not a the same time and not one right
after the other.  Your environment may have different neeeds.

You won't get a 'files list' when you create a Backup Policy type of SQL.
The line below is what appears for my SQL backups in the right-hand windoe
within the Backup Policy Management window.

RnoDev1-DB-2-Drv-Dly    MS-SQL-Server   Rnosapdev1-2-Drv        Daily   Yes
99      0       Rnosapdev1-SQL-Dly

Version - NB 3.4.1, W2k Adv SP2

SQL DB Backup - Backup DB and Removes Inactive Entries in TLog
- Uses two drives
OPERATION BACKUP
OBJECTTYPE DATABASE
DATABASE "DEV"
STRIPES 2
MAXTRANSFERSIZE 4
BLOCKSIZE 6
DBMS MSSQL
TRACELEVEL MAX
DSN "SAPDEV1_SQL"
ENDOPER TRUE

SQL Transaction Log Backup - Removes Inactive Entries in TLog
- Uses two drives
OPERATION BACKUP
OBJECTTYPE TRXLOG
DATABASE "DEV"