Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 Functionalities

2002-05-29 09:29:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 Functionalities
From: francois-xavier.peretmere AT veritas DOT com (François-Xavier Peretmere)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:29:34 +0100

 It's possible since v3.4x.

> Will you be able to schedule restores?

 I don't think so.

> Will 4.5 support Single-Instance backup of email messages(
> i.e. only 1 copy of an email w/ multiple "copy to:" names)?

 Not sure I understand. If you backup trough the Exchange API,
then the SIS is always there - no magic here, it's API job.
 If you do a brick level backup, then you loose the SIS, as you're
going trough MAPI, as there still no BL b/r API in Exchange.

 Once again, nothing new in 4.5 here, same as in v3.4x.

 Amicalement, fx.

#include <VRTS/std_disclaimer.h>
--
      fx AT veritas DOT com      | With searching comes loss
François-Xavier Peretmere | And the presence of absence;