Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Eject tapes from command line?

2002-05-29 17:07:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Eject tapes from command line?
From: CJManders AT LBL DOT GOV (Christopher Manders)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:07:02 -0700
Hi,

Ok. So, I want to script up something that will auto-eject _old_ tapes from
our library when we need to add tapes and the unit is full. I already have
the robotic checks set up and working, but I need a way to circumvent
operator error when a decision is needed for what tapes to eject. Basically,
I am looking at the assigned data and whether the tape is FULL. If it is
FULL and it is old, and tapes need to be inserted, I want the tapes with
VolSers matching my criteria to be auto-ejected to the Load Port. I have
briefly looked at how bpvault does its thing, but I did not immediately find
what I was looking for and decided to ask this group. In Legato I would use
nsrjb with a -w option. It looks like vmchange is uses in vault in the
eject_tapes script to eject the tapes...but the -e option used in there is
not documented. Is that what is ejecting the tapes?

Thanks!

Chris