Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Schedules Question.

2002-05-28 19:47:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Schedules Question.
From: Dave.High AT veritas DOT com (Dave High)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:47:36 -0700
Hi Chris,

The only real problem to switching to differential incrementals vs.
cumulative incrementals is management of tape resources. If you have all of
the tapes stored in the library all of the time, I say switch to
differential. If you are constantly swapping tapes in and out, you may end
up doing extensive management as you could end up having to put way too many
tapes back into the library to do a simple restore.

In a nutshell, if all tapes are in the library all the time, NetBackup will
use them one by one for a restore. Otherwise, you start a restore, then find
out which tapes need to be added, then find them and add them. Management
pain in the butt.

Have fun.

d.

_____
dave high
VERITAS Enterprise Consulting
Bay Area Region
702-683-7733

"Unix IS user friendly, it is just VERY picky who it chooses as friends"