Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disaster recovery without catalog

2002-05-28 12:04:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disaster recovery without catalog
From: markus AT host DOT sk (HOST user)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 18:04:52 +0200
Hi!

Anyone could help me?
Hi!
We have a Tape robot with 10 tapes and we need to recover
the tapes back to the server. However after HDD crash, we don't
have the catalog files stored. We need to extract it from the tapes.
When posted a job concerning the catalog restoring, the NetBackup
Job Log says:

Import phase 1 started 05/28/02 07:22:27
07:22:28 INF - Create DB information for media id A00118.
07:22:28 INF - Initiation of bptm process to read media id A00118 was
successful.
07:22:28 INF - Waiting for mount of media id A00118 on server pollux.

And then stop - Nothing is happening, the robot dont move, ....
How long will it take to recover the catalogs?
Backup is approx. 100GB on 10 tapes.
Could it be problem with the robot connection???

Thank you for any response.

Markus

--
host.sk (http://www.host.sk)
free webhosting - unlimited disk space, php, mysql, shell, no ads.