Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb confirmation

2002-05-22 15:31:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb confirmation
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 12:31:24 -0700
I think the only issue is if backups are in progress while the db is
being backed up.  Those catalogues would be unuseable from a recovery
standpoint but all other catalogues would be fine.

In some cases it's not really a problem.  I do it manually (cron) after
my offsite backups are finished and during weekdays.  On weekdays no
backups are going on except a few database logs here and there, and
after offsite backups I don't care if other catalogues are backed up or
not since I only care about the ones that have already completed.

~JK