Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] [NBU 3.4] Reserve a drive for restores / Parallel jobs

2002-05-21 03:32:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] [NBU 3.4] Reserve a drive for restores / Parallel jobs
From: Oliver.Schade AT colt DOT de (Oliver.Schade AT colt DOT de)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 09:32:11 +0200
Hi everbody,

I am using NBU 3.4 with some DLT-drives and would like to:

 a) always reserve a drive for restores

    e.g. backups should be done to (n-1) drives and the
    first and all following restores will be done by the
    n.th drive.

    I did not found a way to configure restores to a higher
    priority than normal jobs or even an automatic break
    of one or more jobs to free a drive for a restore-
    operation.

 b) cancel a (schedulded) backup while restoring to a client

    While running a restore job to the client a scheduled
    backup job may be started. Both jobs will slow down
    by hours and therefore I would like to cancel a schedulded
    backup when running a restore...

Thanks for your help,

Bye, Oliver

P.S. Please do not send HTML-mails! Thanks.
--
Oliver Schade                   <Oliver.Schade AT colt DOT de>
System Engineer ISC Berlin      http://www.colt.de/