Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] D178 + SnapShot + VxVM + VxFS Question?

2002-05-20 17:45:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] D178 + SnapShot + VxVM + VxFS Question?
From: EndslFE AT NORTHAMERICA.Stortek DOT com (Endsley, Floyd E)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:45:49 -0600
The below configuration will be the initial design for an email application.
The first V880 server to N+ luns (base volumes) will be for Email.  The
second V880 server will be used to backup the N+ luns (snapshot volumes).
Each server will use Veritas VxVM and VxFS to map across ~20 Raid-5 (4+1)
luns.

I am looking for "Specific" information on "Process of How to maintain VxVm
/ VxFS integrity when using D178 Snapshot with VxVM and VxFS as described
below?"   I.e. process for metadata and file-system inodes, etc.

No input needed on how to configure the D178 hardware/layout.   I have ALL
the LSI documents/training cd/ snapshot whitepapers/etc. needed.

Regards and Thank you for your time,

P.S. - I respectfully request only responses from actual hands-on
experiences with like or similar (sva) configurations.  Thanks!!

                   (Sun Solaris 8.0)

    V880                                       V880             VxVM /  VxFS
   (email)                                        (backup)

(2x fce6460n)                   (2x fce6460n)        RDAC
  |             \                           /            |
  |                     \                       /                    |
  |                     \          /                 |
  |                            \      /                          |
  |                            \                             |
_v______________/____\______________v_
|            sp-a            |           sp-b               |           STK
D178
|_________________|___________________|
|          Lun-0                     Lun-1                |
|____________________________________|
|          Lun-2                     Lun3                 |
|____________________________________|
|          Lun-4                     Lun-5                |
|____________________________________|
|          Lun-6                     Lun-7                |
|____________________________________|
|          Lun-8                     Lun-9                |
|____________________________________|
|          Lun-10                   Lun-11              |
|          Lun-12                   Lun-13              |
|          Lun-14                   Lun-15               |
|          Lun-16                   Lun-17               |
|          Lun-18                   Lun-19               |